By accepting this Award from the Napier Initiative at Pilgrim Place, I agree to the following:
1. Participate fully in the Napier Celebration.
2. Implement my Napier project as outlined in my proposal.
3. Submit a progress report mid-way through my Napier project.
4. Submit a final report within thirty days of completion of project, describing the activities carried out and the nature of the partnerships involved, and evaluating the extent to which I reached the goals I had established for the project.
5. Make a public presentation (or remotely if circumstances require) in Claremont after completion of the project, describing the work carried out. I will give Napier Initiative at least two weeks notice of my plan to come to Claremont in order to make necessary arrangements for the presentation.
6. Help, as I am able, in the further development of the Napier Celebration process (e.g., participating in future Napier Celebration Days).
7. Agree to be publicly profiled as a Napier Fellow in future Napier publications and on the Napier website.
8. Awardee shall indemnify and hold harmless Pilgrim Place and the Napier Initiative and each of their officers, partners, employees or agents from and against any and all demands, debts, liens, claims, loss, damage, liability, costs, expenses, judgments, or obligations, actions or cause of actions, including the payment of reasonable attorneys' fees and costs for or in connection with injury or damage (including, but not limited to, death) to any person or property resulting from or in any way connected with the performance of or failure to perform obligations hereunder by Awardee in the course of the project.
All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the state of California, county of Los Angeles. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. Any such arbitration shall be conducted by an arbitrator with at least 10 years’ experience in contract law, and shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing.
I understand that disbursement of the first half of the Award stipend will be made at the time of the Claremont Colleges graduation exercises, and the second half upon receipt of the first progress report (#3 above).
Awardees will receive an official Acceptance Agreement following the Napier Celebration.
N.B. There many be IRS tax implications for all or part of this award. Awardees should consult with a knowledgeable tax advisor.